DiffMerge is an application to visually compare and merge files within Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Best of all it is free! as in it’s free for you to use, you don’t need to pay anything, ever. This is a very useful tool when you are trying to find a differences between two files. You can use it as an external tool for CVS or SVN when diff-ing multiple versions. Other features include:
- Graphically shows differences between two files
- Side by side comparison between two folders
- Right click and compare two files in Windows Explorer
- Compatible with 42 different encodings
- Cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)
The best feature that makes DiffMerge stand out against the rest of the diff tools is their Folder Diff. I work on a project I work on multiple files at a time and I loose track of what file I touched. If I ever need to see the changes I’ve made in an entire folder, DiffMerge can easily show me that.
DiffMerge can be downloaded here: http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/index.html